In the previous articles, we describe the World Cancer Day and What Is Cancer.
In this article, we have been describing the causes, signs, treatment and best hospitals for cancer treatment in India. It will surely help you move a step ahead and encourage others too.
In some cases, causes are clear; while in others results are declared later. Some of them are preventable. A simple example is the use of cigarette and other products in same category – causing approx 5 Lakh people die due to cancer that occur due to smoking. Risk factors are the following
- Smoking at excessive level or even mild
- Consumption of heavy alcohol
- Excess body weight
- Physical inactivity
- Poor nutrition
The most significant unpreventable risk factor is age. According to sources, people in the age of 50 years or older and diagnosed with the cancer die at this age!
In some cases genetic factors can also contribute to the development of this deadly disease. Changes in the gens can also lead to faulty instructions and cancer can result. Some genes change proteins that usually repair damaged cells can lead to cancer too. In case a parent has such genes, they may pass on the altered instructions to their offspring. Some changes often occur after birth and factors like smoking and sun exposure can increase the risk.
What are the Potential Cancer Symptoms?
There are different early signs and symptoms of cancer and facing such issues means you need to consult with doctors immediately. Here are some of the symptoms like:
- A sore that doesn’t heal or change in bowel or bladder habits
- Unusual bleeding or discharge or thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing and obvious change in a wart or mole
- Nagging cough or hoarseness
These aforementioned points are the early signs. Some other signs are the following:
- Fatigue, lump or area of thickening that can be felt under the skin and weight changes - unintended loss or gain
- Skin changes like yellowing, darkening or redness of the skin, sores that won't heal, or changes to existing moles
- Changes in bowel or bladder habits and persistent cough or trouble breathing
- Difficulty swallowing, hoarseness and persistent indigestion or discomfort after eating
- Persistent, unexplained muscle or joint pain and persistent, unexplained fevers or night sweats
- Unexplained bleeding or bruising
There may be some other symptoms too. It can occur to any body part and in the primary stage, it is small; while patient hardly face the problems.
What Are the Treatment Options for Cancer?
Now, with increasing concern over the deadly disease, new medications and treatment technologies have been developed. Doctors usually prescribe treatments that are based on the type of cancer, its stage at diagnosis and the person’s overall health. There are varied options, when it comes to talk about the cancer treatment.
This procedure is applied to kill cancerous cells with medications. The drugs can help shrink the tumors.
(image source: cancercenter.com)
2. Hormone Therapy
It is also gaining momentum as the procedure starts with taking medications to change how certain hormones work or interfere with the body’s ability to produce them.
This procedure uses medications and other treatments can increase and boost the immune system and encourage fighting cancerous cells.
4. Medical Prescription
Personalized medicines are also now into trends – a newer developing approach that involves using genetic testing to determine the best treatments for a person’s particular presentation of cancer.
- Apart from the aforementioned treatment procedures, radiation therapy is also into demand – using high-dose radiation to kill cancerous cells.
- A doctor may recommend using radiation to shrink a tumor prior to surgery or reduce symptoms.
- Stem cell transplant is another option of treatment that is for people with blood-related cancers like leukemia or lymphoma.
- It is done to remove cells that have been destroyed due to chemotherapy or radiation.
- In some cases, surgery is also recommended as a treatment when a person has a cancerous tumor. Surgeon may also remove the lymph nodes to reduce the diseased spread.
- Therapies are also provided that will be helpful to some level in preventing.
- They can boost the immune system. Varied other options are also available. The most crucial thing is trust level on the treatment.
5. Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy (also called radiotherapy) is a cancer treatment that uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. At low doses, radiation is used in x-rays to see inside your body, as with x-rays of your teeth or broken bones.
(image source: verywellhealth.com)
What Are the Precautions?
Following a few steps will help you stay away from the deadly disease. There are some precautions that will be helpful in reducing the signs and protect patients.
- It will be better to avoid using tobacco and alcoholic drinks
- Eat a healthy diet – organic one that is free from the pesticide uses
- Maintaining a healthy weight and stay physically active
- You need to protect yourself from the sun and get vaccinated properly
Avoid risky behaviors and take the right steps in case signs occur that are mentioned above. Proper medical care is also essential.
Best Hospitals for Cancer Treatment
From diagnosis to treatment, getting complete solutions from cancer specialists is crucial. You need to consult with them or search for the best hospital that has specialization in cancer treatment. According to the records, there are around 80 Cancer hospitals in India in different states. The best ones are the following:
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- The Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai
- Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai
- The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, Ahmedabad
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru
- Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
- HCG, Bengaluru
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
You can also consult with a doctor in your locality to reach the right one and save life. Early signs should not be ignored and you should consult with doctors immediately. You are advised to seek the right hospital and stay alert to protect. You should also encourage people who have the early signs. By doing so, you will be participating to protect the life of people.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *