If you are a person who work for 12 hours a day and then keep sleeping for remaining 12 hours or we can say that your body is a vehicle which runs for 14 days a month and then ask for maintanaince of remaining 16 days. Then its a personal suggession, sell the vehicle and go for public transport.
If you have a body which has to sleep 10-12 hours a day then it is not an efficient system. It means that its not been managed properly. May be you are medically fit in all the reports or tests which are suggested by your doctor but still if you need a sleep of 8-12 hours a day then there is something wrong with your body and one of the common issue regarding this can be the Poor Quality of Sleep.
There are some advises which you need to keep in mind while going to bed in night to improve the quality of your sleep
- The first thing you need to take care of is that if you are a non-vegeterian person and you eat meat and other kinds of meals in night then you should do your dinner at least three or four hours before you go to bed. You need to note that your digestion is over before going to bed. Drink a enough water before you going to bed and you will notice the change in the deepness of your sleep within the time period of just 10-15 days.
- Other important and simple thing is just a Shower. One should always take a shower before going to bed. It will create a lot and lot of differences in the quality of your sleep. It will remove all the extra ordinary burden from your body and just relax you before the sleep. In the weather of winter, it may be the cold showers are not possible, so you can go for lukewarm showers. But never go for hot water shower in night. It will definitely show its impact within the time duration of 7-10 days.
- Its better to keep your head in South direction while sleeping. South being the direction of fire will ensure that the body impurities are burnt out and the essential nutrients are properly absorbed by the body.
- Try to keep all the unnecessary things away from you while sleeping like your mobile phone, headphones, alexa and even your footwear & extra clothes. Do not put headphones while sleeping.
- Burning a lamp of organic oil with cotton wick in a room where you sleep can create a lot of difference in your sleep.
- Try to sleep quietly. Do not talk to anyone atleast 10 minutes before going to sleep.
These few exercises will help you to increase the quality of your sleep and you will definitely feel the change in your sleep cycle within 15 to 20 days.
Read next article on Is the 8 Hours of Sleep rule a Myth?